the Magic Penny Magnet Kit
New Enlarged 4th Edition 2014
"an extraordinary display of magnetic effects ... has all the characteristics needed to interest the public"
- Professor Sir Arnold Wolfendale, 14th Astronomer Royal
Sponsored by Brunel University, the Institute of Physics UK and The Royal Institution, London.
This enlarged and revised 4th edition of this Award-winning kit contains:
"With this extraordinary kit, children and adults alike will learn things that even top scientists and engineers have found amazing! You can make pennies balance on the rim of a cup or glass, on the head of a match or on an egg, spin at 1,000 revolutions per minute, build rim-standing sculptures and levitating pyramids, move pennies up ramps and over bridges as if by magic, make a dual electric motor in the style of Faraday, and much, much more."
- 32 real UK coins and 1 non-magnetic US cent
- a revised International Edition of "Investigating Magnetism" now with 86 pages and 44 activites, nearly all completely original, and all clearly illustrated. (The 3rd edition contained only 70 pages and 32 activities. more)
- two extra-strong Magic Penny magnets especially designed for use with magnetic coins but robust and versatile and excellent for general use too.
"Magic Penny Magnets:- the "Rolls Royce", the "Swiss Knife" of magnets"
- magnetically strong but not too strong
- robust but sleek, covered in stainless steel with black plastic end stops
- physically strong, withstanding being accidently dropped or knocked in normal use
- relatively large and not easily lost
- long-lasting - no significant change, in original magnets, (now 20 years old), in regular use.
International: many of the activities can also be undertaken, or extended, with magnetic coins of the European Union, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, India, New Zealand etc., as well as no longer used coins of many countries. see:www.MagneticCoins.info
"Investigating Magnetism"by Robin Willson, Patrick Riley and Daniel Harris, Brunel University 1995-2014(ISBN 1-872166-38-5). (77+9 =86 pages including inside covers)
Magic Penny Magnet Kit
First Edition 1995, Second Edition 1997, Third Edition 2006
Made in China, for Dowling Magnets, California under license from the Magic Penny Trust.
Available in the UK online from
Grand Illusions Ltd, High Wycombe:
price 19.99 UK pounds.
Available in the US online from
price 25.99 US dollars.
Also available from other stores and internet sites worldwide. (see Google, Yahoo, Bing and other search engines - check for magic penny magnet kit 4th edition with box as in photo - some 3rd edition kits with the same magnets but less coins and projects are still on sale.)